Please note: This webpage may be outdated. The PDF version of my C.V. is more reliable.
- Blumenstock, JE, and N Eagle (2012). Divided We Call: Disparities in Access and Use of Mobile Phones in Rwanda, Information Technology and International Development, 8(2), 1-16 [pdf]
- Blumenstock, JE (2012). Inferring Patterns of Internal Migration from Mobile Phone Call Records, Information Technology for Development, 18(2), 107-125 [pdf]
- Gordon, GJ, RV Jensen, LL Hsiao, SR Gullans, JE Blumenstock, WG Richards, MT Jaklitsch, DJ Sugarbaker, and R Bueno (2003). Using Gene Expression Ratios to Predict Outcome Among Patients With Mesothelioma, Journal of the National Cancer Institute, 95(8), 598-605 [pdf]
- Gordon, GJ, RV Jensen, LL Hsiao, SR Gullans, JE Blumenstock, S Ramaswamy, WG Richards, DJ Sugarbaker, and R Bueno (2002). Translation of Microarray Data Into Clinically Relevant Cancer Diagnostic Tests Using Gene Expression Ratios in Lung Cancer and Mesothelioma, Cancer Research, 62(17), 4963-4967 [pdf]
- Fryer, RM, J Randall, T Yoshida, LL Hsiao, JE Blumenstock, KE Jensen, T Dimofte, RV Jensen, and SR Gullans (2002). Global Analysis of Gene Expression: Methods, Interpretation, and Pitfalls, Experimental Nephrology, 10(2), 64-74 [pdf]
- Hsiao, LL, RV Jensen, T Yoshida, KE Clark, JE Blumenstock, and SR Gullans (2002). Correcting for Signal Errors in the Analysis of Microarray Data, Biotechniques, 32 (2), 330-337 [pdf]
- Heimerl, K, Ali, K, Blumenstock, JE, Gawalt, B, and E Brewer (2013). Expanding Rural Cellular Networks with Virtual Coverage, 10th USENIX Symposium on Networked Systems Design and Implementation
- Mehrohtra, A, V Mohan, A Nguyen, and JE Blumenstock (2012). Differences in phone use between men and women: quantitative evidence from Rwanda, Proceedings of the 5th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Information and Communication Technologies and Development (ICTD), 297-306 [pdf]
- Blumenstock, JE (2011). Using Mobile Phone Data to Measure the Ties Between Nations, Proceedings of the 2011 iConference, 195-202 [pdf]
- Blumenstock, JE, and N Eagle (2010). Mobile Divides: Gender, Socioeconomic Status, and Mobile Phone Use in Rwanda, Proceedings of the 4th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Information and Communication Technologies and Development (ICTD), 6 [pdf]
- Blumenstock, JE, Y Shen and N Eagle (2010). A Method for Estimating the Relationship Between Phone Use and Wealth, QualMeetsQuant Workshop at ICTD2010 [pdf]
- Blumenstock, JE, D Gillick, and N Eagle (2010). Who's Calling? Demographics of Mobile Phone Use in Rwanda, AAAI Spring Symposium [pdf]
- Blumenstock, JE (2008). Size Matters: Word Count as a Measure of Quality on Wikipedia, Proceedings of the 17th ACM International Conference on the World Wide Web (WWW), ACM Press, 2008, 1095-1096 [pdf]
- Gemmell, J, R Lueder, JE Blumenstock, E Solomon, and G Bell (2003). Telephone, Television and Radio in the Home of the Future, Internet and Multimedia Systems and Applications, 2003, 263-268 [pdf]
- "Charity and Reciprocity in Mobile Phone-Based Giving in the Aftermath of Natural Disasters." Working paper [pdf].
- "Spatial and Social Segregation: Empirical Results from South Asia." In progress.
- "Violence and Precautionary Savings: Experimental Evidence from Mobile Phone-Based Salaries in Afghanistan." In progress.
- "A Law of One Attitude? Mobile communication and convergence in political attitudes." Working Paper.